WELCOME TO THE PAN AFRICAN SOCIETY FOR AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING - PASAE
Promoting and advancing the profession of Agricultural Engineering in Africa
Launch of the PASAE Report on Growing Agricultural Engineering in Africa: 3 August 2021
The Objectives of the Society include
- Raise awareness about the critical role of engineering and technological innovations in agriculture and related bio-based industries in Africa.
- Promote curriculum reform and academic mobility among Agricultural Engineering programs.
- Facilitate the exchange and sharing of information on the different aspects of Agricultural, Biosystems and Bioresources Engineering.
- Assist individual members to develop their professional knowledge, skills and network through information exchange.
- Promote and support a network of young Agricultural Engineers as the pipeline for future leadership in the discipline and profession.
- Promote greater engagement between the academic discipline, professional practice and industries serving agriculture, including manufacturers.
- Represent the profession at continental and global levels.
- Participate in the affairs and promote the activities of the CIGR in Africa.
- To achieve these, the Society will be active in organising and supporting networking events such as conferences, workshop, seminars and symposiums on current and emerging issues facing engineering and technology in agriculture, and related publications.